|Share this job offer:|
Town of Gore Bay Is looking for: CAO/Treasurer
Town of Gore Bay
The Town of Gore Bay with a permanent population of approximately 850 is located on beautiful Manitoulin Island. Due to an upcoming retirement, the Town of Gore Bay is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons for the position of CAO/Treasurer. Reporting to the Council, the CAO/Treasurer provides sound management, ensures all legislative requirements are met and exemplifies leadership in support of the Town and will perform the statutory operational and advisory duties as senior manager of the Town. The CAO/Treasurer is a strategic thinker with a view to long-term planning who develops and manages the Town’s administration and financial policies and procedures. In this position you will be responsible for the following:
· Supervision of 8 full-time staff and 10 plus seasonal staff.
· Establish internal directives, policies and procedures including general administration, human resources, finances, community development, and operations to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Town.
· Working knowledge of every municipal department.
· Provide appropriate advice, background information and briefing materials to Council and play an active role at Council and Committee meetings as required.
· Develop and maintain an effective organization structure for the municipal staff that reflects operational needs and is directed towards accomplishing the objectives established in the Town’s strategic plan.
· Ensure the effective function of all municipal operations.
· Coordinates and leads the annual budget process, develop long-term capital/operating budget forecasts.
· Responsible for GL, FIR completions, monthly operating statements, taxation, grant applications and municipal revenue functions
· Responsible for the Asset Management Plan in conjunction with appropriate Senior Staff.
· Maintain asset inventory in compliance with PSAB.
· Preparation of required financial statements and reports to Council and Senior Staff.
· Coordinate all audit requirements.
· Human Resources and management of payroll functions including benefit administration.
· Oversees insurance plans and risk management issues.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· A post-secondary education or university degree in Public Administration, an accounting designation (preferred) or an equivalent related mix of education and experience.
· A strong demonstrated understanding of municipal operations and legislation.
· Successful completion of Municipal Finance and Accounting Program an asset.
· Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation is an asset.
· Significant demonstrated management experience and understanding of local government finance, municipal financial planning, financial information systems, municipal financial reporting, taxation experience, budgetary processes, and supervisory experience.
· Excellent interpersonal, financial, project/time management, organizational, analytical, communication, presentation, leadership and supervisory skills.
· Proficiency in computer software applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Town-specific financial programs).
· Demonstrated organizational, communication and management skills.
· Demonstrated background in human resources.
· Demonstrated experience in project management and team leadership
Salary Range: To commensurate with educational and experience.
Applicants must indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications in their resume. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by 3:00 p.m. on Friday May 10, 2019 to:
Annette Clarke, CAO/Clerk-Treasurer
Mail: Town of Gore Bay
15 Water Street, PO Box 590, Gore Bay, Ontario P0P 1H0
E-mail: email@example.com Facsimile: (705) 282-3076 Phone: (705) 282-2420 ext.