|Share this job offer:|
Visiting Angels Inc Is looking for: Nurse/PSW
ATTENTION: PSWs in the Niagara Region including St Catharines, Beamsville, Vineland, Grimsby, Welland, Fort Erie, Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake - we are currently hiring. We offer flexible hours and diverse assignments.
Candidates must have a current Vulnerable Sector clearance, TB test, Flu shot a reliable vehicle, and a valid driver's licence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide personal care service according to care plan or assignment sheet.
- Ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional and physical, comfort and safety of clients are met
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance and medication reminder.
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Follow company Policies and Procedures as well as our Rules and Regulations
- Must immediately notify Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Must maintain confidentiality of client and all information acquired and discussed only with appropriate personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Personal Support Worker Certificate or Equivalent
Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record
Reliable vehicle and proof of insurance
Availability to work every weekend
Good oral and written communication skills
Proven interpersonal and organizational skills
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Previous community experience is an asset
Work in an environment that values and supports our staff.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week : 25.00